Sunday, April 22, 2007

LibraryThing

The LibraryThing reminds me of the KCLS gold card program ten years ago. By signing up the program, we get a book lover's diary to keep track of our favorite books. When we reach down 100 books, we will get a gold card from the library. Ten years later, the library thing came up on the Internet for its cool abilities on adding tags, reviews, comments, and book information. As for its social networking component, I don't really care about it. Compare with GuruLib and Shelfari, Chicka prefers the LibraryThing for its convenience and easiness but not too simplify. Shelfari seems like another MySpace to me in connecting with our friends while GuruLib is way too much for a non-professional cataloger like me I think. It is a monster of MySpace+Amazon+Blogger+Flickr+KCLS!

1 comment:

Snoodle said...

Ooh, I remember the gold card program...I was so excited to receive a Book Lover's Diary.