Sunday, March 18, 2007

RSS

I can't say I like RSS and newsreaders. It's very convenient to use, but do I care? To define my word, for instance, how many people would pay attention to the captain's messages when they fly with him? To me, online is for the sake of killing time... I hope I do not sound too negative on this technology. All right then, let me think really hard about how I might be able to use this technology in my work or personal life. ;-)

So, I subscribed some RSS feeds to my
Bloglines to explore the fun. With the updates feature, it saves me some time by keeping me visit from the non-updated web pages, but bringing in the most updated news from my favorite websites instead. This is cool I think, like a Bloglines messenger. The library should be able to adopt this technology to apply on the services of the Book Alert and the Event Calendar. Currently, I receive the Book Alert bi-weekly, but new items have been added to the catalog every few days. If the library could take advantageof it, the Book Alert could be sent out as soon as the changes have been made in the library catalog. As for the Event Calendar, it would let more people are aware of the library programs and workshops.

No comments: