Sunday, May 27, 2007

My Own Adventure

Webware is good for an Internet beginner with its well description on each category. It helps us to know why is useful and what we can expect to find on the websites they recommend. However, I'm impatience on those details, so I pick Web 2.0 Awards instead. I like it gives a brief summary on the websites they nominee rather than long reviews I saw on Webware. So, I'm interested in the category of Real Estate. The first prize on the Web 2.0 Awards goes to Zillow.com. But, I found their estimated market value is actually $5.000 lower than the real market price. The second prize goes to HousingMaps. However, I found this is useless for me. I like IIProperty, because I can manage my properties or be the agent for my rental properties. Even thought I need to pay for their premium services, it's still cheaper than working with an management firm or a realtor. As for the library, I like the KCLS Web Links. They are very useful. However, for patrons, they cannot bookmark their favorite websites in public computers. With del.icio.us added in, that would be a big help for them. Also, the KCLS could use PBWiki as a bridge to promote library programs, and the patron could leave their comments for current programs. For patrons who would like to keep a list of their favorite books, LibraryThing could be added in with My Account. We could add Google Maps in Find Your Library, so people not only get a direction from their houses to the library, they also can read the reviews about the library.

No comments: