Sunday, June 17, 2007

This is the end, Sort of

I thought we should have covered Second Life. The other day I read an article that mentioned a travel agency in a virtual world from Reader's Digest. After registered, people can choose a destination and download the needed software from its website, and then making a reservation so that they can meet a tour guide there. It sounds fun. The library could adopt Second Life for computer class, library catalog, and Find Your Library, I guess? I haven't explored it yet. What comes next? Well, this morning a patron came in the library. First, he complained to me about the headphone without volume. (It does work though.) I gave him another one. Then, he complained the computer. I suggested him move to another one. But, he still dissatisfied the quality of the volume of the film on YouTube. Luckily, I had been there, and I confidently tried to give him an explanation for YouTube. But sadly, he wouldn't listen and got upset for the computer service we offered. I have been thinking does the computer technology help people or make them confused further?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Celular, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://telefone-celular-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.